Privacy, Terms & Conditions
This privacy statement describes how PetStuff.com collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website: PetStuff.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- Send you an order confirmation
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Bentley’s Pet Stuff is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our webpages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. Our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that are set by our third party partners. Web beacons are used along with cookies enabling our partners to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used.
We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our website includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of PetStuff.com. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
You can shop at PetStuff.com with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept and store credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers placing orders on PetStuff.com and for PetStuff.com Autoship orders.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
PetStuff.com is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Policy Information
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
- Personal Identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you create an account or complete a transaction. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media. We may also collect your social media handle if you post reviews or comments relating to our Services through social media.
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, provide the Services, keep you logged in to the Services, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
- We collect payment information when you provide it to us, which may include your credit card number or a bank account number, when you complete a transaction. You may have the option to store this information to your account or set up a recurring transaction. We use this information to streamline and facilitate payments and transactions.
- We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- We collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to monitor your use and the effectiveness of our Services, to identify you, and to provide you with targeted information and offers.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We may combine this information with other information to make inferences regarding your preferences. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our Services, advertising, and promotions, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements and offers.
- Biometric Information: We do not collect information about your physiological, biological, and behavioral characteristics.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements and offers based on your online activities.
- Geolocation Data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on the IP address. We also collect your precise location (e.g., your GPS coordinates), through your device. If you allow your device to provide us with this information, we use it to make improvements to our products and services, measure the effectiveness and use of our Services, and to provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call. We also collect the content of public posts or reviews that you make available through social media or other websites. We collect your photographic or video image if you visit one of our facilities. We use this information to respond to specific issues, claims, or complaints, to monitor our customer service, maintain the security of our systems and physical locations, aid in theft detection and monitoring, and train employees. We also collect photographic and video images in connection with customer testimonials for marketing and promotional advertising.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect information about your current employer and your employment history if you apply for a job with us. We use this information to conduct background and other screening activities. We also collect information about your current employer and your employment history if you apply for a credit card or to facilitate other offers of credit.
- Education information: We collect information about the institutions you have attended and the level of education you have attained if you apply for a job with us. We use this information to conduct background and other screening activities.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We may analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes. On some occasions, we may add our observations to your internal profile. We also collect this information from our advertising and business partners. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Services, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information through any one of below means:
- By calling us at (800) 561-9666
- By Requesting a Consumer Data Request Form at any of our locations in California.
In order to process your request to know/access or delete Personal Information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Asking you to:
- provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; or
- provide a Bentley’s Pet Stuff customer number, recent order number, or other transactional information if you’ve purchased a product or service from us; and
- confirm your request using the email or telephone number stated in the request.
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete notarized affidavits in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Parents of minor children may submit a birth of the child certificate in lieu of an affidavit, in order to make requests on the child’s behalf. Sample forms will be provided in the verification process.
Right to Information Regarding Participation in Data Sharing for Financial Incentives
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. We offer promotions whereby we incentivize a consumer to share certain pieces of information with us, or to register for a club or service, by offering a financial incentive, such as a discount. For example, we may offer a one-time discount if consumers sign up for our email marketing list. Participation in all promotions and clubs is voluntary, and you may opt out of the sale of your personal information at any time.
You acknowledge and agree to:
- Ensure that your order is correct. Please review your confirmation e-mail after submitting your order. Your confirmation e-mail represents your purchase order.
- Report any spoiled or missing items as soon as possible. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. All orders are considered accurate after 7 days from the date of delivery.
- PetStuff.com reserves the right to obtain credit card pre-authorization. All pre-authorizations are done when you first submit your order online. For more information or concerns regarding this policy, please contact Customer Service. We accept payment by Debit Card/Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover) and Paypal.
- You will be charged for your order the day the order is placed.
- Keep your payment information up to date to ensure prompt payment, and notify us of any changes to your banking/credit card information.
- We reserve the right to temporarily suspend your account and possibly send it to a collections agency in the event of problems with payment.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any party for any reason.
- Delivery is FREE on all Autoship orders over $49 (excluding taxes, deposits and rebates). On standard orders, a flat rate delivery charge of $5.95 will be applied.